There are many HR challenges that will be faced by every business as they work their way out of lockdown, including:
- confidence and energy levels of owners and managers are down
- fatigue and anxiety levels are high for owners, managers and retained employees
- businesses need to re-build their business structure around their future plans
- businesses need to recruit the right people to fill their new business structure
- new employees may need to be initially recruited to fill casual or part-time roles, as new employees need to be funded by new business activity – which may vary
- recruitment processes will need to be rigorous as applicant numbers will be high
- employee turnover is likely to increase by late 2021 as unemployment numbers reduce
- employees will be seeking greater flexibility, particularly work from home options
- the culture of the business may need to be re-built, and this must start with the management team
- baby boomers may be forced to return to employment, as their retirement income is likely to be significantly reduced due to market downturns.
To see how well prepared you are to build your business for tomorrow, download the White Paper for a simple assessment.